South Australian scholarships

To find out more about scholarships run by individual institutions, click on the link to the relevant education provider below:

Australian Government scholarships

Australia Awards Scholarships (AWS)

AWS provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions. They aim to contribute to the long term development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements. Further information can be found on the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website.

Endeavour Awards

For students in the Asia-Pacific and Middle Eastern regions seeking to undertake academic or professional development in Australia, the Endeavour Awards are a perfect opportunity for this. Endeavour is the Australian Government’s merit-based scholarship program, and there are also a smaller number of scholarships available for people in Europe and North and South America to get involved. Further information can be found at the Endeavour website.

Apply for an Endeavour Award at a South Australian University or Vocational College. For more details visit:

Australian Leadership Awards (ALA)

Australian Young Leadership Awards help develop and nurture young leaders from the Asia Pacific region. The program is designed for people who have the potential to influence social and economic policy in their own countries and across the region. The scholarships provide support for postgraduate studies in Australia and short-term fellowship opportunities in specialised research, study or professional attachments through participating Australian organisations. Further information can be found at the Australia Awards website.

Other scholarships

More scholarships are offered for overseas study by international and charitable organisations. If this is of interest, you have to apply for these in your home country, not in Australia.