To study in Adelaide, you’ll need an Australian student visa

To study in Australia, you’ll need a Student visa (subclass 500) (regardless of what course you’ll be studying). This visa allows you to study full-time in a recognised education institution for up to five years.

If you intend to come to Australia as a guardian of a student, you’ll need a Student Guardian visa (subclass 590).

For information on all visas available for people visiting Australia, go to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.


Visa requirements

To receive your visa, you must meet the Australian student visa requirements, including but not limited to:

  • Being a Genuine Temporary Entrant(GTE)
  • Providing evidence of enrolment in a registered course (yourConfirmation of Enrolment)
  • Financial requirements
  • English language requirement
  • Health and character requirements
  • Having adequate Overseas Student Health Cover(unless exempt)

For information on visa requirements, visit the Student Visa (subclass 500) website.


How to apply

To find out how to apply, visit the Student Visa (subclass 500) website.

And don’t leave your visa application too late! It can up to four months to process your application (sometimes longer).


Where to get help

If you have questions regarding your offer or enrolment, contact your education provider

Did you know...

Health insurance for students

You must have adequate health insurance while in Australia. This is done by obtaining Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which provides medical and hospital insurance in Australia.