Female and male student in nursing uniform looking at a chart

As an international student, it is compulsory that you have adequate health insurance for you and your dependents while studying in Australia. You must understand what your obligations are regarding your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

When you buy your mandatory health insurance, you’ll get an Overseas Students’ Health Cover (OSHC) card. You must carry this card with you and show it whenever you need to access medical or health services. It is your responsibility to understand what medical services your OSHC insurance does and does not cover.

Where can I purchase OSHC?

You are required to purchase your OSHC insurance from an Australian Health Fund that has signed a Deed with the Australian Government, permitting them to provide these services.

Learn more about OSHC, including a list of approved OSHC providers here.

Student Stories

Hear from international students about living and studying in Adelaide.

Read more stories