StudyAdelaide is recruiting a new team of Student Ambassadors for 2019! If you’re an international student who’s friendly and keen to help others, you might be just the person we are looking for.
Here’s what we are looking for in an ambassador:
- Energetic and friendly
- Passionate about Adelaide
- Active social media user
- Volunteer experience either in Adelaide or prior to arriving in Adelaide
- Available for 5-10 hours per month
- Strong communication skills
This year we are looking for ambassadors who will support our social media strategy and have an impact on the content we share with our 700,000+ social media followers on Facebook, Instagram, Weibo and WeChat.
Why should you apply?
We are looking for a team of international students who can help with our student activities and marketing of events. We want you to have a great experience and most importantly have fun with the role. We’d love your advice on initiatives, activities, events and free ticket giveaways that you think will be engaging for other international students. From time to time we might ask you to speak publicly to fellow students, members of the local community and focus groups about your experience studying in Adelaide. If you think this is something you would love the opportunity to be involved with then please apply!
In return, you will receive from StudyAdelaide:
- Experience: In event organisation, leadership, public speaking, social interaction and social media engagement.
- Wage: An hourly rate will be provided for your time.
- Contacts: As one of our Ambassadors, you’ll get the opportunity to network with South Australia’s political, business and community leaders.
- Support: You’ll also get to know the StudyAdelaide team – a passionate group of professionals with experience in marketing, media and social engagement.
- Invitations: You will be invited to key industry events and social functions organised by StudyAdelaide.
- Free training: In developing leadership skills.
- Certificate: Presented by the Governor of South Australia.
- Uniform: StudyAdelaide will provide you with a branded uniform to be worn at StudyAdelaide events.
- Letter of Recommendation: from StudyAdelaide’s Chief Executive on successful completion of your Ambassador duties.
You must be:
- 18 years of age or over when you apply
- A current student at one of StudyAdelaide’s member institutions
- Enrolled at your institutions for the duration of 2019
Applications are now closed!
Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is StudyAdelaide?
StudyAdelaide is a destination marketing agency promoting Adelaide as a destination for international students. StudyAdelaide is funded by the South Australian Government and its member institutions. StudyAdelaide also facilitates onshore engagement with international students through events and initiatives held throughout the year.
I’m a first year student, can I apply?
Yes, of course. If you meet the minimum criteria to apply and have just arrived you are more than welcome to apply. Best of luck!
How much of a time commitment is the role?
It is roughly 5-10 hours per month to support StudyAdelaide which you will be paid for. The hours are flexible and can fit around your studies.
When will I know the outcome of my application?
StudyAdelaide will contact those shortlisted for interview in early-March. Once the interviews have been completed and our final selection of Ambassadors has been made, all applicants will be contacted to advise the outcome of their application. This will occur by the end of March.
I’ve applied unsuccessfully to be an ambassador previously, can I apply again?
Yes, of course.
I’m a domestic student, can I apply?
Yes, you can! StudyAdelaide is looking to continue having at least one domestic student as a member of the ambassdaor program again in 2019.
What level of involvement is required during semester breaks as I might want to travel?
StudyAdelaide may have some events on during semester breaks. We work with you to determine your availability to help and encourage you to use your breaks to travel.