Australia’s Working Holiday Visa allows 18 to 31-year-olds to have an extended holiday supplemented by short-term employment.
The Working Holiday visa is available to passport holders from Belgium, Canada, the Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong SAR, the Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
Adelaide’s low cost of living makes it a popular place for working holiday visa makers to attend English classes. If you want to improve your English whilst having some amazing travel adventures, search for an English course in Adelaide now.
To be eligible, applicants need to:
- Hold a passport issued by an eligible country or region
- Be aged between 18 and 31 at the time of applying
- Not have accompanying dependent children
- Meet health, character and financial requirements
- Not have previously entered Australia on a Working Holiday visa (unless applying for a second visa, see ‘Second Working Holiday visa’ below)
- Be outside Australia when applying (and when the visa is granted) unless applying for a second visa
- Apply within 12 months of intended travel to Australia.
Working Holiday visa applications can be made online at the Department of Immigration and Citizenship’s website. Online applications are generally processed faster than paper applications