The University of South Australia is a progressive international university with a 150 year history, supporting a vibrant student community from around the world.
The University’s dedication to academic excellence through coursework, postgraduate research and practical based learning is evidenced by the quality of graduates, who have the knowledge and experience as well as the personal and practical skills to make an immediate impact in their chosen profession.
- A ranking of five QS Stars
- Award winning teachers
- World class research
- Practice based learning and strong industry links
- State of the art technologies in modern facilities
- Excellent study support services and great student experiences
Total number of students: 35,000+
International students onshore: 6,000+
Metropolitan Campuses: 4
Regional Campuses: 2
Research Institutes: 6
Research Centres: 17
World University Rankings
- In the 2012 QS World University Rankings the University of South Australia was ranked in the top three per cent of more than 10,000 universities worldwide.
- In 2013, the QS ‘Top 50 under 50’ ranked the University of South Australia at number 33 in the world for universities less than 50 years old.
- In The Good Universities Guide 2014, the University of South Australia is the highest ranking South Australian University in the graduate outcome category of ‘Getting a Full Time Job’.
- The 2012 round of the Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) evaluation, which assesses the research quality of Australia’s higher education institutions against national and world benchmarks, rated more than 86 per cent of the University’s assessed research as world-class standard or above.
- Health sciences
- IT, engineering and environment programs
- Business and law
- Education, arts and social sciences
Discover more about the University and its surrounds with the following videos
- Congratulations – this could be you
- Experience Adelaide
- Hear from our students: Life in Adelaide
- Hear from our students: Accommodation
- Hear from our students: Study Life
- Hear from our students: Teaching Support Services
- Hear from our students: Teaching Staff
- City West
Located in Adelaide’s central business district, City West is home to the Business School as well as visual art, architecture and design, Australian and Indigenous studies.
- City East
Located on North Terrace in the city centre, City East is home to the Division of Health Sciences and the School of Natural and Built Environments.
Eight kilometres from the city centre, the Magill campus is set among lush gardens and open spaces and is home to the Division of Education, Arts and Social Sciences.
- Mawson Lakes
Located north of the city centre and home to the Division of Information Technology, Engineering and the Environment, this campus also offers science, civil aviation and education studies.
- The University also offers programs on our regional campuses in Mt Gambier and Whyalla.
Course Search » Find the course that’s right for you at the University of South Australia
CRICOS no 00121B